You may want to stop pursuing publication if…
1. You’re only doing it for the money. In the majority of cases, the money’s not that great.
2. You expect the publication journey to be anything other than the hardest job you’ve ever done. The ups and downs alone can drive you crazy.
3. You have an aversion to hearing bad news. The path always seems to be strewn with little firebombs.
4. The thought of using social media to promote your book still gives you hives. It’s just reality, period.
5. You think Tweeting “Check out my book!” constitutes a good social media strategy. That’s so 2010.
6. You expect to receive only four- and five-star reviews on Amazon. Even War and Peace has 1-star reviews.
7. You believe selling one book to a publisher means you’re a shoo-in for selling more.This is only true if your sales on that first book are through the roof.
8. You truly believe your book is better than all the others out there. You may be a tad unrealistic.
9. You think anything else—anything—might make you as happy as writing does. Because if so, you should go for it!